Luckily cat guardians have many options to consider when it comes to cat care. Cat care is not only used when you need to go out-of-town but also during times of a variety of personal situations such as moving, remodeling, house guest that may have allergies, etc. The owners of The Hotel 4 Cats have been in the industry for over 12 years and providing cat boarding services for in the surrounding Lake Norman area for over 8 years. Werecommend that the following questions are considered when assessing cat boarding and cat care services.
Cat Boarding Questions:
- How much experience do the people have that will be taking care of your cat?
- Are cat’s the priority and primary business? Kennels and vet locations may offer cat boarding, however it is not their primary business.
- Are you uncomfortable with someone in your home to cat sit while you are away?
- Are you able to freely visit and tour the pet boarding facility?
- Will your cat have opportunities to play and have a view of windows and birds?
- Does the boarding facility have a compassionate and credible staff able to proactively recognize medical needs and other individual cat needs?
- Does the staff provide medication and emergency vet shuttle service?
- Will comfortable bedding be provided for your loving cat?
- Will the facility provide cat toys if you do not provide the cat’s personal toys?
- Will your cat have the opportunity to listen to calming music throughout the day?
- Does the cat boarding facility provide shuttle service?
- Will your cat enjoy the company of other cats and people throughout the day?
- To what degree does the facility provide personal attention with the understanding of cat behaviors and needs to reduce the stress that new unfamiliar environments and people can create?
- Does the environment have dogs or other situations that are too fearful and stressful for your cat?
The Hotel 4 Cats is always looking out for what is best for your cat – we ONLY service cats. We are unique – just like your cat. We view you cats as our guests and they are our priority. We truly aim to provide a “Home Away From Home” experience. We hope you agree and always welcome your questions and suggestions.