The Hotel 4 Cats: Lodging Customized Exclusively for Cats
Dietary actions for Cats with a history of urinary stones.
- Fresh water can help prevent future stones.
- Cat’s typically don’t drink a lot of water. One way to attract a cat to water is with a filter system. Place filter systems in multiple locations.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice can decrease minerals build up in urinary tract.
- Cranberries increases urine acidity. This acidity helps reduce the chances of blockages or infections.
- Optional techniques of giving your cat cranberries include adding cranberry powder to your cat's food, adding cranberry juice to water, tring a syringe of juice daily into your cat's mouth, or giving a cranberry capsule. No matter the method used, it is important to consult your vet for advice on the proper dosage.
- High protein. Wet food helps with the increase in water. For urinary stones, a prescription diet is typically initially used to dissolve crystals.
- Pet care can also include giving several small meals throughout the day to enable urine PH to stay more acidic. It is recommended that acidic urine levels are checked on a regular basis.
The Hotel 4 Cats: Cat Lodging Serving the Greater Lake Norman Area.
Our cat boarding staff includes a feline behavior specialist available to help create a customized improvement plan for you and your cat.
For services and fees which are separate from our pet boarding go to www.HeartfeltFelines.com or call 412-973-9368 mobile
Blog Adapted From: Animal Behavior Institute (ABI)